When you install and run vLite for the very first time, you will be asked to install the WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit). Although WAIK is available to download at Microsoft Download Centre for free (thanks Microsoft), downloading the mammoth1.3GB file is not an easy task for low speed internet connection users.
In order to resolve this problem, we have a small trick that helps you to avoid downloading the 1.3 GB file. Note that we recommend installing the WAIK from Microsoft if you are on a good internet connection. Follow the instructions given below to avoid installing WAIK:
- Download and install the latest version of vLite from here.
- Now that you have installed vLite, download this RAR file.
- Extract the RAR file to get a folder and dll file.
- Copy the wimfltr folder to C:\Program Files\vLite directory (C is your Windows 7 drive), and also copy the wimgapi.dll file to the same directory.
- Launch the vLite program without any problem.